Each day is a new adventure

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

23 Months

Things have been going well!  Tayden still has a bit of a cough that is lingering, but the doctor said that winter coughs can last for a few weeks.  He is okay during the day, but coughs pretty bad at night.  We still run the humidifier and are giving him cough medicine.  Tim and SueSue took the twins to the doctor last week for a check-up and Dr. Hunt was in shock at how big they have gotten and how much they are talking!  Brooklyn weighed in at 31 pounds, and Tayden is at 30 pounds.  Hard to believe that almost two years ago they were weighing in at a little over 3 pounds. 

Brooklyn officially used the potty for the 1st time this week.  She sat down and actually stayed seated.  I looked over and saw that she was really going.  I got so excited and starting yelling for Tim to come, which scared her, so she jumped in my lap showering mommy with some tinkle.  We made a big deal out of the milestone and sang, "Pee pee in the potty!"  She kept clapping and saying, "Yea potty!"  We could still hear her cheering for herself 15 minutes after we put them to bed that night.  Last night she used the potty again.  I gave her an M&M, which she loved so she kept going over to sit down saying, "M!"  Tayden has sat on the potty several times, but hasn't produced quite yet.  I have been told by many people that girls are much easier to potty train, so we shall see.

Tim's new job is going great!  Our schedule is so much better and we actually get to spend a lot more family time together at night and on the weekends.  He goes in the office and logs in and when he is finished, he logs out and comes into the living room - what a commute!!!  His company is headquartered in Hollywood and they are flying him and the other Texas employees there next month for three days to meet everyone.  I will admit that I am just a tad bit jealous, but he definitely deserves to get away for a few days.  We keep seeing different Hollywood sights on t.v. and he always reminds me that he will get to see them very soon.  Rub it in honey! 

Things with me are going well.  I am finally back on track with my weight loss and have lost 30 pounds since the middle of November, for a total of 40 pounds since my surgery last December.  This week I made it back into my pre-pregnancy pants!!!!  It just took two years, but it definitely feels great!!!  I have a lot more to lose, but take it one day at a time.  I was able to have dinner two nights this week with very dear friends.  It was nice to eat a meal with adults without being crawled on or having little ones slobber on my plate.  Thank you Tim for holding down the fort so that I could have some "Mommy Time."


New p.j.s from SueSue - sporting the side paci so that she can talk with it in her mouth

New p.j.s









Playing the "drum" with a chop stick and pan - this entertained her forever



Eating chicken chow mein

I wasn't sure they would like it, but they loved it!


 

0 comments: