Each day is a new adventure

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

6 months old!!!!

The babies turned 6 months old last Wednesday!!!  It is so hard to believe that they are already half of a year old.  They went to the pediatrician and she said that they look fantastic.  Brooklyn weighed 16 pounds and Tayden weighed 15 pounds 1 ounce.  She said that we can start feeding them baby food now.  She suggested that we start with vegetables and continue for two weeks before adding fruits.  So far, Tayden has loved everything we have given him, but Brooklyn is pretty finicky.  She gags at most of the things we try to give her.  I am hoping she will like fruits and meats better when we start those in another week.  Tim is loving every minute of his time at home.  He has developed his routine and can now tell you what shows he prefers on PBS Kids and NOGIN.  Last week I was under the weather and when I got home from work he sent me to bed.  When I woke up 4 hours later he had prepared dinner and even made an egg wash.  I was so very impressed!!!  I ate and went right back to sleep, so he literally did all ten feedings that day.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband!!  I love you Tim and I appreciate all that you do for our family! 

At their 6 month check-up BEFORE the shots
    
Just a reminder of what our miracles looked like 6 months ago:

Brooklyn
Tayden

Here is a video of Tayden doing the trick my Aunt Sara taught him on our vacation to Houston and Galveston.


Here is a video of Brooklyn showing off her personality.


I cannot watch this last video without laughing out loud.  Last night Tim, Tayden, and I were watching Master Chef on tv.  They were talking about coumin being an ingredient in the chili they were preparing.  I started asking Tayden if he had the coumin in his mouth - his response was hilarious. 

0 comments: