Each day is a new adventure

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Follow-up With Pulmonologist

The twins had a follow-up visit to their pulmonologist on Thursday, so Tim, my mom, and my Aunt Sara (in town from Houston) loaded up and made the journey to Plano.  The babies got great reports.  Brooklyn weighed in at 18 pounds 4 ounces, and Tayden was 16 pounds 11 ounces.  The doctor was once again impressed with their weight gain and said that they are definitely thriving.  Our pediatrician always gives us percentiles for weight and height using a scale for preemies born at 30 weeks.  The pulmonologist used the 40 week scale, and the twins are registering on the scale!!!  He does want them to continue using their inhaler and they will be getting the synagis shot for RSV once a month October - February.

As I mentioned earlier, my Aunt Sara and Uncle Dean were here visiting this weekend and so the whole family got together for dinner at Sue Sue's.  We got a few pictures of the cousins together.  It was so good to see everyone!

After much prayer and discussion, we have decided to take our house off the market until after the holidays.  As much as we would love more space - we are going to make this work for awhile.  I spent some time this evening getting out the pictures I had put away when Tim first put our house on the market, and setting up our office/playroom.  I also had to make room in the kitchen because we got highchairs!!!  I was able to get some pictures of Brooklyn eating, and I will get some of Tayden tomorrow.

Brooklyn has started to like solids a little more and tonight she ate corn casserole and carrots!  She always spits the first few bites out until she realizes that she likes it.  She has started to growl and it is hilarious.  Tayden is still loving his solids!  He eats at least a jar a day if not more.  He is a night owl and really puts on a show in the evenings - laughing and talking.  I usually go to bed and take Brooklyn with me, while Tim stays up with Tayden until he gets calmed down.  Both babies are sleeping from about 10-12 hours at night and then take a morning nap and an afternoon nap.  We are so fortunate that they are such good sleepers!

I would like to request prayers for a friend of mine that is battling cancer.  They discovered it when she was around 29 weeks pregnant.  Her sweet baby girl was born at 32 weeks and they are still determining a treatment plan on how to best attack the cancer.  She has such a strong faith and is relying on God to get her through these dark days.  I cannot imagine being in this situation and I pray daily for God to restore her body to health. 

Brooklyn in her camo


New pjs

Tayden in the exersaucer

Checking out the penguin

New pjs

Brooklyn in her new high chair

Sue Sue and the cousins - Landon, Brooklyn, Payton, Tayden, and Mallory

Sitting in the pack n play





Brooklyn eating her corn

I hope that everyone has a great week!  I am going to try my best to start updating the blog every Sunday night - so check back every now and then. 

0 comments: